While generally the situation seems to have improved, there are several key points to highlight.
- The percentage of teenagers not in full-time study or full-time work has declined in recent years and in 2007 is the lowest since 1990
- The percentage of school leavers not in full-time study or work has declined in recent years
- Participation rates in full-time learning or work in May 2007 were higher for young adults than at any time in the past two decades, however more than one in five young adults were not in full-time study or full-time work
- Full-time jobs for Australians (25-64 y.o.) have risen but has been static for teenagers and has declined by 42,000 for young adults
- One in five young adults has not attained either a Certificate III or Year 12
Author: Dusseldorp Skills Forum